Realm Role Play

The forum for Realm members http://realmroleplay.wikia.com


You are not connected. Please login or register

Currencies and Currency Conversion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:25 am

Sir Rian

avatar
Geographer
Hello all,

Since all of our nations have different currencies, and there isn't exactly a current way of converting them, I propose that we create a system of converting our currencies to one another based on the buying power of our currencies. I suggest we convert them based on their buying power of a certain resource, a resource that is both common and renewable in all parts of the world, something like bamboo, that is my suggestion, if anyone else has a good suggestion, please do suggest it... Thoughts?

View user profile

2 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Souran

avatar
Great Forum God
Bamboo doesnt grow in most places in the world. Wood or Metal wood be a better choice.

View user profile

3 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Sir Rian

avatar
Geographer
We need something that is renewable, usable, and can be harvested by all existing nations, and Bamboo fits the bill better than anything else I can think of, because Metals are not exactly renewable, plus, some areas of Realm have some types of trees and some types of metals, other areas of Realm have other types of trees and other types of metals. Bamboo may not currently grow in most places of the world, but it can.

We also need to be specific with the item, which could be changed later if needed.

View user profile

4 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Souran

avatar
Great Forum God
Sir Rian wrote:We need something that is renewable, usable, and can be harvested by all existing nations, and Bamboo fits the bill better than anything else I can think of, because Metals are not exactly renewable, plus, some areas of Realm have some types of trees and some types of metals, other areas of Realm have other types of trees and other types of metals. Bamboo may not currently grow in most places of the world, but it can.

We also need to be specific with the item, which could be changed later if needed.

Because of the bloody elf and human "crusaders" Most vegitation cannot grow in Chiid. Only basic crops and a few wasteland fuana.

View user profile

5 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:45 am

Sir Rian

avatar
Geographer
*Sigh*

Well, that's unfortunate... I'd suggest we use fresh water, but that would give some nations a strong disadvantage and others, my nation included, a strong advantage... Like I said, what we need is a resource that is both renewable and commonly available to everyone... Since you know quite a lot about Realm, is there something else that you can think of... Or how else could we set up a currency conversion system, should we just abandon that idea and set up a universal currency, because those are the only two practical ideas I've thought of so far...

View user profile

6 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Souran

avatar
Great Forum God
Sir Rian wrote:*Sigh*

Well, that's unfortunate... I'd suggest we use fresh water, but that would give some nations a strong disadvantage and others, my nation included, a strong advantage... Like I said, what we need is a resource that is both renewable and commonly available to everyone... Since you know quite a lot about Realm, is there something else that you can think of... Or how else could we set up a currency conversion system, should we just abandon that idea and set up a universal currency, because those are the only two practical ideas I've thought of so far...

Howabout we just say that all our nations currencies are equal? It means we can have the satisfaction of having a unique name but not have to bust our brains out with debate.

View user profile

7 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Souran wrote:
Sir Rian wrote:*Sigh*

Well, that's unfortunate... I'd suggest we use fresh water, but that would give some nations a strong disadvantage and others, my nation included, a strong advantage... Like I said, what we need is a resource that is both renewable and commonly available to everyone... Since you know quite a lot about Realm, is there something else that you can think of... Or how else could we set up a currency conversion system, should we just abandon that idea and set up a universal currency, because those are the only two practical ideas I've thought of so far...

Howabout we just say that all our nations currencies are equal? It means we can have the satisfaction of having a unique name but not have to bust our brains out with debate.


That would lead to my bankruptsy.

We could make a easy way. The zona's can make a calculater, and we could do it the same, lower population higher tech thus higher currency, that keeps it equal.

View user profile

8 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Braddia wrote:
Souran wrote:
Sir Rian wrote:*Sigh*

Well, that's unfortunate... I'd suggest we use fresh water, but that would give some nations a strong disadvantage and others, my nation included, a strong advantage... Like I said, what we need is a resource that is both renewable and commonly available to everyone... Since you know quite a lot about Realm, is there something else that you can think of... Or how else could we set up a currency conversion system, should we just abandon that idea and set up a universal currency, because those are the only two practical ideas I've thought of so far...

Howabout we just say that all our nations currencies are equal? It means we can have the satisfaction of having a unique name but not have to bust our brains out with debate.


That would lead to my bankruptsy.

We could make a easy way. The zona's can make a calculater, and we could do it the same, lower population higher tech thus higher currency, that keeps it equal.


As for me. 1 BRDS = 5 Sala.

View user profile

9 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Souran

avatar
Great Forum God
Braddia wrote:
Braddia wrote:
Souran wrote:
Sir Rian wrote:*Sigh*

Well, that's unfortunate... I'd suggest we use fresh water, but that would give some nations a strong disadvantage and others, my nation included, a strong advantage... Like I said, what we need is a resource that is both renewable and commonly available to everyone... Since you know quite a lot about Realm, is there something else that you can think of... Or how else could we set up a currency conversion system, should we just abandon that idea and set up a universal currency, because those are the only two practical ideas I've thought of so far...

Howabout we just say that all our nations currencies are equal? It means we can have the satisfaction of having a unique name but not have to bust our brains out with debate.


That would lead to my bankruptsy.

We could make a easy way. The zona's can make a calculater, and we could do it the same, lower population higher tech thus higher currency, that keeps it equal.


As for me. 1 BRDS = 5 Sala.

Thats sounds good, I shall ask one of my citizens if they can make one.

View user profile

10 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:19 pm

100 Evagoze Sovereigns- 1 Sala.

View user profile

11 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:09 pm

1 Alledon Dollar --> 2 sala

100 Alledon Cents --> 2 sala

View user profile http://realmroleplay.wikia.com

12 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 am

Sir Rian

avatar
Geographer
10000 Bronze Crowns (ABC) = 100 Silver Crowns (ASC) = 1 Gold Crown (AGC) = 20 Sala

View user profile

13 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:52 am

Sir Rian wrote:10000 Bronze Crowns (ABC) = 100 Silver Crowns (ASC) = 1 Gold Crown (AGC) = 20 Sala

Made a mistake!!!!

1 Sala = 5 BRDS

5 BRDS = 1 Sala.

Ignore what i said before.

View user profile

14 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:53 am

Sir Rian

avatar
Geographer
This means that 1 Braddios equals 1 Silver Crown, yay!

View user profile

15 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Sir Rian wrote:This means that 1 Braddios equals 1 Silver Crown, yay!

And whats a silver Crown much or avarage?

View user profile

16 Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:18 am

Sir Rian

avatar
Geographer
What do you mean?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum