Realm Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Realm Role Play

The forum for Realm members http://realmroleplay.wikia.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Currencies and Currency Conversion.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Currencies and Currency Conversion. Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:25 am

Sir Rian

Sir Rian
Geographer

Hello all,

Since all of our nations have different currencies, and there isn't exactly a current way of converting them, I propose that we create a system of converting our currencies to one another based on the buying power of our currencies. I suggest we convert them based on their buying power of a certain resource, a resource that is both common and renewable in all parts of the world, something like bamboo, that is my suggestion, if anyone else has a good suggestion, please do suggest it... Thoughts?

2Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Souran

Souran
Great Forum God

Bamboo doesnt grow in most places in the world. Wood or Metal wood be a better choice.

3Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Sir Rian

Sir Rian
Geographer

We need something that is renewable, usable, and can be harvested by all existing nations, and Bamboo fits the bill better than anything else I can think of, because Metals are not exactly renewable, plus, some areas of Realm have some types of trees and some types of metals, other areas of Realm have other types of trees and other types of metals. Bamboo may not currently grow in most places of the world, but it can.

We also need to be specific with the item, which could be changed later if needed.

4Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Souran

Souran
Great Forum God

Sir Rian wrote:We need something that is renewable, usable, and can be harvested by all existing nations, and Bamboo fits the bill better than anything else I can think of, because Metals are not exactly renewable, plus, some areas of Realm have some types of trees and some types of metals, other areas of Realm have other types of trees and other types of metals. Bamboo may not currently grow in most places of the world, but it can.

We also need to be specific with the item, which could be changed later if needed.

Because of the bloody elf and human "crusaders" Most vegitation cannot grow in Chiid. Only basic crops and a few wasteland fuana.

5Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:45 am

Sir Rian

Sir Rian
Geographer

*Sigh*

Well, that's unfortunate... I'd suggest we use fresh water, but that would give some nations a strong disadvantage and others, my nation included, a strong advantage... Like I said, what we need is a resource that is both renewable and commonly available to everyone... Since you know quite a lot about Realm, is there something else that you can think of... Or how else could we set up a currency conversion system, should we just abandon that idea and set up a universal currency, because those are the only two practical ideas I've thought of so far...

6Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Souran

Souran
Great Forum God

Sir Rian wrote:*Sigh*

Well, that's unfortunate... I'd suggest we use fresh water, but that would give some nations a strong disadvantage and others, my nation included, a strong advantage... Like I said, what we need is a resource that is both renewable and commonly available to everyone... Since you know quite a lot about Realm, is there something else that you can think of... Or how else could we set up a currency conversion system, should we just abandon that idea and set up a universal currency, because those are the only two practical ideas I've thought of so far...

Howabout we just say that all our nations currencies are equal? It means we can have the satisfaction of having a unique name but not have to bust our brains out with debate.

7Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Braddia

Braddia

Souran wrote:

Howabout we just say that all our nations currencies are equal? It means we can have the satisfaction of having a unique name but not have to bust our brains out with debate.

That would lead to my bankruptsy.

We could make a easy way. The zona's can make a calculater, and we could do it the same, lower population higher tech thus higher currency, that keeps it equal.

8Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Braddia

Braddia

Braddia wrote:
Souran wrote:

We could make a easy way. The zona's can make a calculater, and we could do it the same, lower population higher tech thus higher currency, that keeps it equal.

As for me. 1 BRDS = 5 Sala.

9Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Souran

Souran
Great Forum God

Braddia wrote:
Braddia wrote:
Souran wrote:

As for me. 1 BRDS = 5 Sala.

Thats sounds good, I shall ask one of my citizens if they can make one.

10Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:19 pm

PRA

PRA

100 Evagoze Sovereigns- 1 Sala.

11Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Royal Foreign Minister

Royal Foreign Minister

1 Alledon Dollar --> 2 sala

100 Alledon Cents --> 2 sala

http://realmroleplay.wikia.com

12Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 am

Sir Rian

Sir Rian
Geographer

10000 Bronze Crowns (ABC) = 100 Silver Crowns (ASC) = 1 Gold Crown (AGC) = 20 Sala

13Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:52 am

Braddia

Braddia

Sir Rian wrote:10000 Bronze Crowns (ABC) = 100 Silver Crowns (ASC) = 1 Gold Crown (AGC) = 20 Sala

Made a mistake!!!!

1 Sala = 5 BRDS

5 BRDS = 1 Sala.

Ignore what i said before.

14Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:53 am

Sir Rian

Sir Rian
Geographer

This means that 1 Braddios equals 1 Silver Crown, yay!

15Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Braddia

Braddia

Sir Rian wrote:This means that 1 Braddios equals 1 Silver Crown, yay!

And whats a silver Crown much or avarage?

16Currencies and Currency Conversion. Empty Re: Currencies and Currency Conversion. Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:18 am

Sir Rian

Sir Rian
Geographer

What do you mean?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum