The forum for Realm members http://realmroleplay.wikia.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

OOC: Programs for Warfare

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 OOC: Programs for Warfare on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:55 am

Sir Rian

Geographer
OOC...:

I suggest Age of Empires: Rise of Rome as a program for military conflicts between nations - It's categorized as abandonware, and there are a number of sites (nahoo.net, for example, though the downloads section there is closed to October) that you can download it from. It's fun, it's relatively easy, and it will basically run on any Windows PC, it was originally made to run on Windows 95... We could design battles using the Scenario Editor and play them online over GameRanger. There are also a number of other programs that we could use, but RoR in comparison is small, simple, and fun.

Thoughts?

View user profile

2 Re: OOC: Programs for Warfare on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:17 am

Sir Rian wrote:OOC...:

I suggest Age of Empires: Rise of Rome as a program for military conflicts between nations - It's categorized as abandonware, and there are a number of sites (nahoo.net, for example, though the downloads section there is closed to October) that you can download it from. It's fun, it's relatively easy, and it will basically run on any Windows PC, it was originally made to run on Windows 95... We could design battles using the Scenario Editor and play them online over GameRanger. There are also a number of other programs that we could use, but RoR in comparison is small, simple, and fun.

Thoughts?

Sure can you give the Download link?

View user profile

3 Re: OOC: Programs for Warfare on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:35 am

Souran

Great Forum God
This game is very fun but it does not feature guns or any of our tech. I advise Age of Empires 3 or Battle for Middle Earth 2.

View user profile

4 Re: OOC: Programs for Warfare on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Sir Rian

Geographer
But does it need to? Okay so you have a point, but like I said, RoR is small, simple and fun, and doesn't take very much to run... Whereas AoE 3 does take a fair amount of computer resources to run, is quite large, and is quite expensive (though I suppose I could download it)... But anyway...

@Braddia - You can find it at http://nahoo.net/downloads/ (Just scroll down til you see "Age of Empires: Rise of Rome" - Though downloads are offline until a server upgrade on Oct 1st)

View user profile

5 Re: OOC: Programs for Warfare on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Souran

Great Forum God
Why not Age of Empires 2? It features basic gunpowder weapons and a more innovative scenario making system. It is also small.

View user profile

6 Re: OOC: Programs for Warfare on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Souran wrote:Why not Age of Empires 2? It features basic gunpowder weapons and a more innovative scenario making system. It is also small.

If we can download it and the link can he post here ill surely download it.

Also its fun to do this things.

View user profile

7 Re: OOC: Programs for Warfare on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Sir Rian

Geographer
Yes, why not AoE 2 indeed?

I'll see if I can find another download link...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum